Sunday, November 4, 2012

JUNK: Feeling Better Christian Than Others


Most people say that I don't sound my age. In short, they think I'm mature. They say I can negotiate with different kinds of people, decide independently and there's an authority when I speak that you would really want to listen to what I say. And I believe them. :-)

I've been surrounded with Bible-believing Christians for two years now and their company is something that I am thankful for. I've been learning a lot from them and they've been learning a lot from me as well. I've been getting a lot of praises from others and thank yous because of my faith. And how they admire me because of my passion for Jesus. 

I am happy for the encouragements and inspirations they get from me. It is a privilege to be used by God to other people's lives, isn't it? However, the enemy should always play his role and get busy turn things around the way it shouldn't be.

I love human praises, I believe it's one of the most basic desires of every human alive. Before it sounds okay to be flattered as long as I don't get all the credit because it is the Holy Spirit who is obviously behind it. But as I started examining my heart, I know that there's a big chunk of superiority growing into it.

I feel like I'm more intellectual than other Christians when it comes to studying the Scripture. I feel like some are not wise enough to make decisions. I feel like I deserve more blessings than them because I'm exerting more efforts and the list goes on.

Those feelings suck! I suck actually. 
Such a junk I have in my heart!

I feel like I know everything even if I don't.. But I'm glad that God makes me realized these things! One sign that He loves me so much that He is more concern in my character than how others see me.

FEELING BETTER is one of the most annoying moves of Satan to hit us! He wants us to be like him.. self-righteous and to be idols of our own selves! But thanks be to God that He didn't let me swim to that dirty pool of I'am-better-Christian mindset through the Holy Spirit. :-)