Friday, March 26, 2010

An introspection

In the third week of March, I spent a surpassing overnight in the coffee capital city in the Philippines with my last groupmates in Adamson, the gravezia. At midnight, countless stars were tattooed on the sky and the frigid summer air made the hair of our skins stood straight. Cigarette smokes in the air looked like white heavy mist that reduces visibility, while keeping love songs and party sounds in the background because of the so-called prom in the barangay court was located a few steps away from the pad.

And the mind-blowing night began, two glasses were passed to each one of us. At first, Josh's cracking put-ons and the clique's bullheaded notions about stuff and people inside the institution ruled the roost of the group conversation. Then, then the group chat shifted to an outrageous topic, like sex. My two sexually active buddies sliced up almost every thing they know and even gave tips on how to have more pleasurable moment while doing it as a bonus. My inner self commanded me just to listen and understand the things that coming out from their mouths. Honestly, I'll deserve an award for the best hypocrite woman in the world, if I say I didn't like the topic and I didn't learn something from them.

The strange thing? Sunlight entered the scene, however, my mind was restrained and my body haven't liquored up despite of the fact that four kinds of firewater liquid flowed into my system. It was out of the ordinary, because I usually end up being dead after four bottles of beer.

Early in the morning, we went to the coffee farm. That was one of the eminent walks I had so far because I appreciated the sunlight as it touched my skin. Then we went home and I've slept for almost two hours. My mind still wanted to conk out, however my eyes were vigorous. So instead of stretching out my back, I chose to sit around on the balcony and observed the clouds. My eyes were animated on how the fogs moved on cornerways. Then, the two lads sat around me and began to open their mouths.

We looked back on what we learned a couple of years ago in Communication Theory. I harked back my favorite theories, and they did the same thing. Then, the discussion move over on feminism and genders, where I heard barbed thoughts about it. Then again it was switched on the Philippines economic status, US presidents, Philippines' election history and the round-the-clock Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's accomplishments and manipulations. The conversation ended by the books and literatures we've read.

From the moment I went home, I was still thinking about the intellectual discussion we had because I really learned a lot and I hope he learned from me, too. The discussion was meant not to be forgotten, and up to now the things we discussed still pouring out into my head. And as my mind speculated the idea of different intellectual discussions I had with bookish and brainy creatures, I understand that maybe this is one of the reasons why sometimes socializing with my perennial buddies gets cramped.

I am not saying they're intellectually absurd because they're not, but maybe my mind wants to overburden with gossips and deadly physical discriminating attacks from people(even with passer-by sometimes!). And this introspection, helped me out in understanding things socially. However, I always miss them, but clearing out my mind with this thoughts exceptionally defines maturity.