Friday, April 1, 2011

Chapter 14: When God Seems Distant

"The Lord has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my hope in him."
Isaiah 8:17 (TEV)


God is real no matter what you feel.

Have you ever experienced the feeling when the closest people you have at the moment appears to be MIA (missing-in-action) in your life when you needed them the most? That feeling really sucks especially when you feel alone and no one understand you. That happened to me and a lot of people (I'm sure!) in a numerous time. That's why I ended up choosing God as my best friend because I know he's always there to listen and guide me unlike human beings.

But guess what??

This chapter taught me that God can be like us in circumstances like this. And the funny thing is that, I've gone to this one, too. Having a problem and hearing nothing from God? Do you know that it is God's intention to stay away from you? Okay, yea, he promised that He will never leave us but He never promised that we will feel his presence at all times!

Why is HE doing this to us?
Well the answer is just simple, he wants us to learn! He wants to feel the deepest level of worship from you. Like what I said from the previous chapters, God gets the deepest and sincerest kind of praise and prayer when we are in pain or suffering.

Now, imagine if God is always there to listen and respond to us, we'll probably think that it's okay to have sinned because God will always talk to me. It's okay to have nonsense conversation with God, at least I'm talking to him, better nonsense than never. It's okay to do stuff that will hurt us because God is always there to comfort us when we are in pain. See? We maybe saying lots of those when we needed him the most. The only way to show God how much we love him is through deep worships and prayers.

It is a test of faith. God is always around even if we are unaware of it, but he's testing us! Feelings and emotions never pleases him but the faith itself when life falls apart.

Now, what can we do when God is no where to be found?

*Tell God exactly how you feel.
Unload those emotions. God is the best listener in the world. He listens attentively even if he already knows what you have to say. You maybe look stupid unloading your emotions knowing the fact that you can't feel his presence but believe it or not, that makes God smile at you! Still trusting him despite the fact that he's hiding from you.

*Focus on who God is -- his unchanging nature.
Humans are capable of changing but not God. Now when you feel that God is million miles away from you, the best way to do is always remind yourself that he is around. That he loves you, that he cares for you and that he knows what you're going through. In my case, when I feel down and get no response from him, I always convince myself that he might be busy helping out other people suffering 100% worst than I have at the moment and from that, I feel better. :)

*Trust God to keep his promises.
Circumstances change human beings in a very lightning speed. Like some Christians can easily turn away from God when they can't feel his presence but NOT GOD! When he is not around but you continue to trust him, that way you're showing him how much you love and value him as your creator. Remember, you can't feel him at that moment because he is busy taking your maturity to a deeper level. So be thankful! :)

*Remember what God has done to you.
Above all the things he done for you, do you think it is right to convince yourself that he is not real simply because he didn't respond in one of the crest fallen circumstances of your life? Don't you think it's unfair for you to think that way? Okay, some of you may think he never has done anything for you. But knowing Jesus died for our sins just to live forever is a huge reason to thank Him. The God's son died for you! We owe him big time! That's why we deserve our praise until the last breathe of our lives.

Note to God:

Hello Lord! It's been awhile but I'm starting to think that these posts are not meant to post right after I read them 2 months ago. It refreshes my mind. And I'm thankful that in this way I keep writing something about you. My life keeps changing because of you. I know you can see the difference. And you're always near since the day I surrendered my life to you. So I'm so thankful for that but when that time comes, when you have to stay away, you still owe my praise and my love. I'll never stop talking to you even if I look crazy and stupid. That's how I trust you and even if it's really painful, I will never turn away from you. I love you! :)