Monday, September 27, 2010

Share :)

It was a typical Sunday afternoon when I decided to pamper myself by having a facial treatment. I left the house without putting anything on my face cos I know for a fact that someone will just torture it. It's kinda flaky because I always put something on my face when I go out to mask the gazillion dark spots fleeting on it. I didn't fix my hair though. And so I've realized it was the real me who went there.

When I got there, I walked as fast as I could to reach the loading station because I badly need to text my brother. But surprisingly, when I checked out my bag, my phone wasn't there. Don't worry it wasn't stolen I just forgot to put it in my bag. So I went to the rest room to look for a phone booth and call my dad to text my brother to tell him that I've been there already just waiting for him, but the funny thing was I don't memorize our land-line number because it's new. Still I tried to guess numbers which I believed was close to ours, but it didn't work. Now, you've probably wondering why it was so important for me to see my brother, right? Well, let's just say I needed to get some cash he owed me.

So I went to his church at New Life. At first, I was hesitating to come there for uncertain reason. Well, I'm actually a Christian but it's not my church, I used to attend in Greenbelt 1 but it's been a while since the last time I served for God. And so, I went inside looking forward to see my brother.

People were standing at the back so I did the same thing, and someone gave me a cracker followed by a vial with grape juice in it. And yes, I came in the right time, I called that communion since I don't know what term to use. It wasn't the first time, it was actually the second time I had it. Someone gave me a seat, at first I was thinking of declining his invitation because I was just looking for my brother. But then, I followed him and I sat in the middle of a group of women. I worshiped but the fact that my eyes kept rolling in every corners of the cinema to spot my brother's reflection didn't skip out. Seriously, I had a hard time doing it because I didn't wear my lenses.

My eyes got fed up and I even lost my hope of seeing my brother and get the cash he owed me, so all I did was to pay attention to what the pastor was preaching. For about 15 minutes of listening, guilt drastically squeezed in. My eyes were drippy, but the fact that I was sitting their drew a smile on my face. And then, I realized how blessed I was for being there because the words of encouragement were very powerful. It's undeniably helpful considering the fact that I was so depressed lately. And then after standing up to sing with the awesome Christian band played, I saw my brother at the left side of the place I was standing in.

Just imagine if my cellphone was in my bag, do you think I was able to listen and be encouraged with the word of God?

See?
God is great!
It's a calling to look back and serve for him again.
Thank you Lord. :)