Monday, May 21, 2012

An afternoon discipline..


One afternoon I found myself being so annoyed and it's not because of the irritating heat of the sun but with some people around me. The enemy was doing a great job in digging the offensive encounters I had with those people. And my mind was filled with painful remarks I should have told them to hurt them and to at least feel better and to please myself.  I was even imagining using God's Word to strike those people. I thought it was like hitting two birds in one stone where I got to make them realize the truth and for me to feel pleased and great at the same time. I was rehearsing the scenarios over and over and got finally tired.

SO, I opened my Bible and started reading..

I was in Romans 15..

While I was reading, I couldn't help but to shout OUCH!

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
Romans 15:1-4 

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.
Romans 15:7



Real father disciplines.. Yes, it's painful because it brings out the rottenness of our hearts! It exposes our sinful desires but in the same way, it shows how loving and caring our Father is that He makes ways to remind us that we are new creatures through Jesus Christ, our Lord! He loves us!

My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
Proverbs 3:11-12