Saturday, May 5, 2012

Too connected?


My Christian life has been pretty amazing! I am currently enjoying a wonderful fellowship with other believers in our church. God has been using each one of us to grow spiritually and encourage one another. In short, I am so connected with them. All of my activities are more on church stuff with church friends. Which is good. 

HOWEVER, I feel like I'm being too connected that I sometimes have a hard time to squeeze in God's Word in my schedule. :( Seriously, yes. Like sometimes even if I'm craving for His Word, I can't just read because I'm too tired and I need to sleep because I gotta work the next day. You get what I mean? I'm always physically tired because of too much fellowship.

And honestly, I'm getting too overwhelmed that I'm being friends with different kinds of people and stuff like that! And sooooo, I'm losing my focus! Don't get me wrong, fellowship is a wonderful thing, of course! God provides three things for our character development and they are His Word, circumstances and GODLY PEOPLE. But we need to be balanced! We can be part of His family but not inside of His house. We need spiritual discipline! God first before anything else...


I miss having quiet time FOR REAL!
I miss staying in a coffee shop to reflect on His Word.
I miss dating with Him!
I miss studying His Word alone and cutting post its and paste it to verses for reference in my Bible.

Oh well! Too much of anything is bad! That's why we always need to double check the things that we are in to. Make sure to prioritize God and His Word! :)