Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SABBATH

Happy 1st day of May 2012! :)

My life has been very busy these days! Not so busy at work but with fellow-shipping with other Christian believers, Bible studying and helping in the advancement of God's Kingdom. After I graduated from Training for Victory, I got a chance to attend Bible Interpretation class in three consecutive weeks. I've really learned a lot and I'm just really blessed to be one of the students in that class. I've learned a lot of insights that I didn't even know and some of my questions in mind were answered.

One of the things that I've learned was the true meaning of Sabbath. I seriously didn't know about this before.

He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.'" 
Exodus 16:23


Sabbath from the Old Testament was basically a day of rest, yes, that means not doing anything as it was a holy Sabbath to the Lord. I like when our lecturer said that even a small act of doing something was prohibited that time during Sabbath. However, as a Christian today, we now have a new definition of Sabbath through Jesus Christ.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29

Our Sabbath day is JESUS, Himself! :) 
Sabbath is us laying down all our burdens, fears and worries to Christ and He, Himself as well is the only One who will give us rest! :) 

Lay it down to Jesus! 
That's what I've been doing in times of hardship and when I feel like giving up. I lay it down to God and just worship Him and I trust Him coz He knows what He's doing. Hello, He is God and I'm not! :D

I remember last year when I decided to give my life to Him and lay down everything to Him, I've also given Him the authority to take over my life. I've surrendered everything to Him especially my dreams! Though other people have questioned that it's not good surrendering your dreams to God because it's like wasting the talents that He has given you. However, I knew that moment that it was my dreams that I needed to surrender.

Why? Because that time my dreams were the most dear to me! My dreams were even more important than my physical family. And you know God wants us to offer Him the most dear to us! It could be desire, people, material things, status, etc. I was tired of getting my dreams come through that time and so I laid them down to God and started to trust and believe on His plans for me.

And at present, God has been doing things perfectly. While continuously seeking Him, projects are coming one by one. He is actually the one making way for me to nurture the talents He has given me. He's been using me to bless other people with my passion and talents. And I know that this is coming from Him. 

That's my God! He knows my heart very well and He gives its desire in the right time...
And God can give it to you as well BUT you have to SEEK HIM FIRST :)

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4