Saturday, July 7, 2012

House.Home

I was angry yesterday about "our house" that has been in the making for three years. I was angrily crying alone to God because I don't want to let the sun goes down on me and verbally punch someone. And besides, I know God knows my heart and He's always there to listen than anyone else in this world.

While crying, He asked me to open His Word and so I did.
And this was His Word for me,

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.  My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” 
 John 14:1-4

And earlier, I was reading The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller and I was in the part where he explains in his book our longing for home. God has revealed to me something and that is..

I'm longing for home. 
I want a Christian family ever since I started following Jesus. That's not bad, that's actually great! But at the same time, I hate what I have at the moment including the house that we're staying in for seven years. I hate everything about my house that's why I'm believing God that we will move in the new house very soon. Again, that's also not bad, that actually makes my faith increase. 

HOWEVER, here's what God has made me realize, even if I get to live in that new house and get that Christian family, I'M STILL NOT HOME!!! There will still be "spiritual homesickness" and I will still long for home. 

"We are all exiles, always longing for home. We are always traveling, never arriving. The houses and families we actually inhabit are only inns along the way, but they aren't home. Home continues to evade us."

 "We may work hard to re-create the home that we have lost, but says the Bible, it only exists in the presence of the heavenly father from which we have fled."

"This world, as it now exists, is not the home we long for."

The Prodigal God, Timothy Keller

I was enlightened and I just can't thank God enough for that!
Real home can only be found in the hands of the Heavenly Father through His son and our Lord and Savior, Jesus. 

And I'm so looking forward to that! I was actually trying to imagine how that feast at the end of the history would be like but I really can't.. Can you imagine how it's like Jesus coming down here on earth to present us to the Father? And that awesome feast that will happen with all people in every nation? I doubt, I think no human brain can handle it. :-)

Haayyy Lord... I should just be thankful in everything You've been blessing me, YES, even the house that I live in! But I'm in faith, that very soon You'll take us out of this house and move us to something better in Your perfect time. It would not fully satisfy me but since I know Your promises are real, You will never fail me. :-)