Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Game Plan vs His Greater Plan

THREE MONTHS AGO:

My original game plan was to stay in my previous company and get another job since I had lots of time. Just really wanted to increase my savings & the tithe I'm giving monthly and to allot money for the building fund of our church.

LAST NIGHT:

As you all know, I lost my office job last week. :-)

But my good friend and I are believing God something greater this year. And it's really great that I don't want to write it here yet. :-D

He sent me a material about branding that I can use as a reference. And it helps me a lot.

I did the heart to heart activity last night, here it is:


Really had fun doing it but that was not the original activity I made. The original was in my sketchpad which is more creative, just photoshopped the above version so I can share it here but same content. :-D

Also, after that, I opened my Bible and really asked God to speak to me through His Word. I was in  the first few parts of Exodus. 

I was re-reading the part where Moses saw the burning bush. He was tending the flocks of his father-in-law when God caught his attention by appearing in flames of fire from within a bush. Surely, God caught Moses' attention because though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.

“I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
Exodus 3:3

When we are too focus on our plans, sometimes God uses strange things in our sights like circumstances, inconvenient transitions, unexpected battles, etc to get our attentions. 

Just like Moses being contented on where he was that time tending the flocks, I was also loving the convenience of my work place and too focus on my original plan. However, God had even greater plans for Moses and that was to bring him into the mission and get his people (Israelite) out of Egypt. 

And that greater plans of God doesn't just work for Moses but even to you and me.

After that these following verses struck me: (God to Moses)

..“Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
Exodus 3:5

..“I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you.."
Exodus 3:12

The business opportunity I'm believing God this year is not just for the sake of making money out of it. The things I put on the call-outs in the heart to heart activity I did last night will cover them all. Yes, it's major goal is for the advancement of God's Kingdom. To reach out the lost ones.

I believe God will be with me in this journey and this extreme desire is coming from Him. 
I may not know the exact game plan but the important is, I know He holds it. :-)