Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm still SiCK

"If you know you are sick you may go to a doctor; if you don't know you're sick you won't - you'll just die."
 
The Prodigal God, Timothy Keller

I'm reading a beautiful book at the moment by Timothy Keller. It is so beautiful that sometimes I just want to stop reading it. It brings up the rottenness of my heart. :-)

The line above struck me . . . 
I can be lost/sick or go back from being lost without knowing it!
I can be very very good in observing the laws but still lost.
Man, it is dangerous!

Going to church every Sunday doesn't mean you're not lost . . .
Serving the ministry 24/7 doesn't mean you're not lost . . .
Reaching out to lost people doesn't mean you're not lost . . .
Obeying everything the Lord has commanded doesn't mean you're not lost . . .
and the list goes on!!!

We can do all the things above not out of love but because of the BLESSINGS we are believing for. 
It makes us obsessed not with the BLESSER but with the BLESSINGS.

I am guilty about this. :-(
I am weak and I need JESUS to take out the garbage in my heart and purify it.

More to quote in the coming days . . . :-)