Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chapter 10: The Heart of Worship


"Give yourselves to God . . . Surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes."
Romans 6:13 (TEV)


The heart of worship is surrender.

Nobody likes to surrender because the word is always used in a negative context. We are living in a competitive culture wherein we are taught not to give up or give in because it's a sign of weakness. Now, of course everyone wants to look and feel strong. So we hate it when we are giving up. But in a Christian context, surrendering to God is the highest form of worshiping him. Meaning when we surrender to him we are giving him full pleasure that not all people could able to give him. Surrendering is the heart of worship.

Now as discussed in this chapter, there are three barriers that block or total surrender to God and that is fear, pride and confusion. And I agree with that. It took me a long time to surrender myself to him and up until now I'm still uncertain if I'm fully surrendering myself to him because confusion and fear always gets in the way. But at least I'm in the process now regardless of the status of my spiritual growth. I do trust God but most of the time, I want to control my life. And I know I'm not the only people who feels this. But through this chapter, my eyes were opened that I don't have to always be "in charge" with my life. And trusting and loving God will bring me to an eternal realization that I am living for him and surrendering is not as bad as I imagined before.

Warning: When you decide to live a totally surrendered life, that decision will be tested. Sometimes it will mean doing inconvenient, unpopular, costly, or seemingly impossible tasks. It will often mean doing the opposite of what you feel like doing.

GOD, I AM PREPARED FOR THAT! :)


Note to God:

God, even if I'm not fully surrendered to you, I know you know that I'm giving my best shot to mature my spiritual growth. I love you and I trust you and I know most of time you are testing me. I love the way you test me because even if most of the time I fail, you always give another chance to prove that I'm really yours. I'm sorry for that but you are changing my character. And I love the way you're doing it. Please help me clear my minds from all the distractions and emotions. I love you so much!