Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chapter 8: Planned for God's Pleasure


"You created everything and it's for your pleasure that they exist and were created."
Revelation 4:11 (NLT)

"The Lord takes pleasure in his people."
Psalm 149:4a (TEV)

You were planned for God's pleasure.

We are all created by God. Surprisingly, he does not need to create us though before I used to think that we are created to take care and enjoy his amazing creations. Again, he doesn't need to create us but he chose to create us for his enjoyment. We exist for his purpose and glory. We are here just for him!

Our first purpose in our lives is to bring enjoyment to God. Of all the things he created, we are the most special and blessed because we all have power to praise him and could bring enjoyment to him. We are enjoying the beauty of our nature and thank God for it, but nature could not bring God enjoyment. It is US who can bring glory and pleasure to God.

The Bible says, "Because of his love God had already decided that through Jesus Christ he would make us his children -- this was his pleasure and purpose."

We are all made in God's image. God wants human to enjoy everything he created by giving us ability to enjoy pleasure. What are those? The five senses. It is not an accident that we all have those them, he wired us with those senses in order to appreciate his creations. We enjoy life because of the ability God has given to us! So like what I've said, we are all made in God's image so meaning if we have emotions, God has emotions, too. And humans often forget that or maybe some doesn't even know about it.

Now, how can we bring pleasure to God? It is through "WORSHIP". Everything we do to praise God is an act of worship. Again, everything! It's not just you're attending service every Saturday and Sunday. Everything we do for him even if we're just sharing thoughts about God or tweeting Bible verses, it's all an act of worship. Even if you're just telling him how your day was before your eyes officially shut at night, that is an act of worship.

So worship is a lifestyle! You cannot just say that in a certain service, you did the "Praise and Worship" part and from there you're worshiping God. That is wrong. Every part of a service is an act of worship. You cannot label that this part in only to worship God and other parts has its own labels.

Now, we people should understand that worship is not for our own benefit. We are not at the service to at least experience celestial feeling in an hour by singing Christian lyrics and listening to the Pastor's preaching. Well, I have to admit that I thought worship was all about ourselves. I thought worship was invented to let us feel fine and free from worries for a while. I thought it is for our own benefit, but I was totally wrong! It is for God! We are worshiping to give glory and pleasure to him and that is the primary motive of our existence!

God is worthy of our worship and praise! He deserves it more than anything else! Sure, we are not the only creation in this world. There's animal, nature, etc. But can animals go to church to worship him or read a word of God to other animals? See, we are the only creation that has ability to worship. He wired us the senses not just to enjoy his other creations but to give him pleasure.


Note to God:

Thank you so much for introducing me to my first purpose in life. You enlightened me to the true meaning of worship. I just went to the service earlier and was so excited to give pleasure to you. Unlike before, I used to go to the service to feel good. My mind has changed and that is because of you. Every time I do things, most of the time I always think of you. As much as possible I'm focusing my attention to you though there's a lot of distractions around me. Thank you so much Lord for choosing me as one of the children of God. I am proud of it! :)