Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chapter 9: What Makes God Smile?

"May the Lord smile on you.."
Numbers 6:25 (NLI)

"Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live."
Psalm 119:135 (MSG)

The smile of God is the goal of your life.

They say, goal gives direction to one's life. Now, if you're asking about your goal you may be answering in the most self-centered answer and that is to reach your dream, to have this or that and to become like this or that. But we don't understand or some might not know yet, that our ultimate goal in our lives is to make God smile. Just like Noah who gave pleasure to God and made God smile, we can actually do it today.

How to make God smile?

God smiles when . . .
we love him supremely,
we trust him completely,
we obey him whole heartedly,
we praise and thank him continually and
we use our abilities.

I love God so much! Though sometimes cultural distractions and emotions are dominating the entire me but I always consult him in everything. I know he knows how much I think of him and even the times I don't. Of course, he knows it! He likes watching my life 24/7 and not just my life but also your life and all of us human beings. And by talking to him, sharing how my day was, my feelings and emotions, my complains to the world, to myself and even to him, I know he's listening. And by that, I'm worshiping him. I'm being true to him and that's the important thing. We are giving him enjoyment by being us! So let us make God smile, make it our goal! :)


Note to God:

You know that's already my goal. And I'm glad to see you smiling in simple ways of showing how much I thank and praise you for creating me and continually blessing me. I love you so much God! And I hope you'll smile more when I put you tattooed in my left hand to always remind me of my goal and that is to make you smile. Keep smiling God cos from there I feel relieve and awesome for having you! I love you! :)