Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chapter 12: Developing Your Friendship with God


"He offers his friendship to me godly."
Proverbs 3:32 (NLT)

"Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you."
James 4:8 (NLT)


You are as close to God as you choose to be.

To deepen our friendship with God, we need to be completely honest to him. God knows we are not perfect and he understands every circumstances that we humans are going through in our daily lives. We know our faults, weaknesses and feelings. Now what he wants to hear is your honest expressions of how your feelings and faults towards him. Hearing it from us, makes him smile because it symbolizes how much we trust him. We must obey him, too. Listen on he's telling us. He wants us to do the right thing despite of all the circumstances, pain and distractions. And lastly, we should desire to deepen his friendship with him more than anything else! Intimate friendship with him is a choice. We can be close to him as we choose to be. He will never reject us, unlike other people. He's always there to accept us. And that makes him the most amazing best friend you've ever have! :)


Note to God:

Being your best friend is awesome! You are attentively listening to me even if it's sometimes my stories doesn't make sense at all. But I love sharing it to you because I know, no matter what I say you always listen. When I'm in pain, you're always there to listen and make me feel okay. Your pain makes me keep closer to you. I can't imagine life without you. I love you. :)