Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chapter 4: Made to last forever.

"God has . . . planted eternity in the human heart."
Ecclesiastes 3 : 11 (NLT)

This life is not all there is.
Life on earth is just the dress rehearsal before the real production.

Those are the first two fascinating sentences that welcome this fourth chapter. It talks about the real purpose behind our existence here on earth. How many times did I say in some of my posts here that life is short that we should do all the things that we love? Can you count it? Because I can't. There maybe two to three posts that I've written it there but the truth is, I can't even remember what post that is. So there, I always encourage myself and other people to do things that we love no matter what is it because life is short. I've been boxed to that idea until I read this chapter.

It says, "This life is preparation for the the next". We maybe live in hundred years here on earth but after that death will spend forever in eternity. The scriptures in this chapter also tells us not be afraid of death because it's not the end of us but actually the transition into eternity. The reason why God created us to live here on earth is to prepare us for eternity with Him and Jesus. Every act we did on earth will reflect in eternity.

Now you may be asking what's in there in that eternity we're calling but no one can actually explain or describe it because our brain capacity could not handle it. It's futile, but one thing's for sure and that it is REAL.

To sum it up, I've learned from this chapter that all the deeds of this life are the destiny of the next. So it's not enough to do all the things we love because life is short but also to do things correctly and with God's purpose. And from there, we could built relationship with Him. Let's all remember that our earthly body is just a temporary residence of our spirits. "Our time on earth is just a blink of an eye, but the consequences of it will last forever." I am not afraid of death because I know it is the best thing I could go through. I am not excited to die but I am excited to see my best friend and the God Almighty.

Note to God:

You know I've been thinking of all the things I care about in my life, but through this chapter you made me understand that aside from doing it I should also do things that will strengthen my relationship with You. I am very thankful for opening my eyes immediately and no one word can express how much I mean all the things I'm writing here. I know you're reading this and I love the way you response through Your guidance and blessings. I know when I'm about to face the door to eternity, You are there to accept me with all your hearts. And I can't wait for that to happen. I love you so much!