Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chapter 2: You are not an accident.


"I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born."
Isaiah 44 : 29 (CEV)


You are not an accident.
That's the first sentence written in this amazing chapter. It talks about how God created us. i said it's amazing because Rick Warren, the author of the book helps us understand that God created us the way He wanted us to be. We may not like our physical features or our races but we're ought to understand that God created us in this way because He has a purpose and He will fulfill that purpose for us.

The Bible says, "From one man he made every nation, ... and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."

Yes, God planned and created everything. He was the one who had chosen our race, our nationality, our hair and every other feature. Everything was custom made by Him, so long before He's expected us to live in this world. He even planned where and when we'd be born and where we'd live for His purpose. Aside from our race and birth dates and places, He also planned all the natural skills and talents that we would possess and the uniqueness of our personalities.

That's why there is this saying, "You can't have everything." and I believe in that. Some of you may know these kind of people, perfect face but empty-headed, intelligent but not so good looking, rich but not gifted, artistic but broke, etc. Every one of us is unique. Some may notice it but I've noticed it long ago before I got to read this chapter. And I told my friends before that God is really awesome for molding us like this, He never created a perfect human being here on earth. Everyone on us has flaws to deal with.

Sometimes, I look myself in the mirror and I don't like what I see. I keep on complaining how my skin sucks and how numerous flaws I have not just physically but even mentally. I talk to God about it and ask Him series of questions about my imperfections. I know I am not the only imperfect person on earth but I think my imperfections are too much. I even ask Him how it feels like to be desirably attractive like some people I know.

But then, through this chapter I've got to realize that those almost perfect people I see on TV or I know was created by God in that way because their almost perfect features would be their source of income. And let's deal with it, we know they're normal human beings with imperfections maybe not with their physical features but I know their lives are not perfect as we think. The bottom line is that, we are all UNIQUE.

"Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. You are alive because God wanted to create you."

Those lines of this chapter got me so bad. I smile every time I got to think about it. And yes, Rick Warren is right. Our parents might not plan us to pop in this world but God did! He expected us! God never did us accidentally, He created PERFECTLY with His tender love. God was thinking of us even before we were born.

He is an amazing Creator. We were like in a movie and all of us are the characters. He have written the script and conceptualize everything from our character back ground, to time and setting. He directs us perfectly. We are not visible in this world without Him. Without Him, life has no meaning. He is an awesome Creator I've ever known!

Note to God:

Lord, thank you for this eye opening chapter. You know how I complain about how I look sometimes, but this chapter help me to cope with it and to understand that I am perfectly made by You. And I am so thankful about it. I maybe extremely imperfect but You gave me this unique personality that most people love. You gave me this talent and intellectuality that are very priceless. You put me in here in a very diverse country where I could possibly learn and understand a lot of things in this world. I may not belong in a wealthy family but I am very lucky to have a cool and supportive family. They may not understand me at most times but the fact that I grew up in a complete and loving family is enough for me to be a better person. Lord, thank you so much for every thing. I know that I'm reading this book by Your own purpose. I love you so much.